There will always be two kinds of people, the coffee addict and the tea lover, which one are you?
I can’t remember when I have been drinking coffee. Coffee is something that makes me feel cozy and happy. I can’t even remember how many cups of coffee I can drink in a day before. However, as tempting as it may be I limit now my coffee intake to one or two cups a day. The reason I do it is because of the following:
- I have been diagnosed with Hyperacidity, and drinking a lot of coffee will just make it worse.
- I don’t drinking water when I increase my intake of coffee.
- It doesn’t help my immune system and my skin.
- It’s not as effective as it was the first time I drank coffee, I feel sleepy no matter how many cups I drink.
- Too much coffee is not good for my (and our) health.
I drink tea sometimes when I’m in the mood to make one. I have many different kinds of loose tea that I bought just because they look pretty and when I’m trying to cut-off my coffee intake. I don’t drink much tea, just when I want it. My favorite tea to drink is peppermint tea (of any brand) because it gives me a relaxing feeling.
However, do we know what are the advantages and disadvantages of coffee and tea to our health? Let us dive into each of them one at a time. Hold on to this guys, it may be a little bit longer to read, but it will help you figure out what is best for you.
- Lowers the risk of Type 2 diabetes.
- Decreases the risk of having Alzheimer’s disease.
- Serves as protection against Parkinson’s disease.
- Lessens the risk of heart disease.
- Reduce the risk of having colorectal cancer.
- Rich in Antioxidant
- Reduce risk of heart attack.
- Protect our bones.
- Boost our immune system.
- Fight against cancer.
- Helps in digestion.
- Can affect your sleep.
- Increase the risk of Gastroesophageal Reflux (GERD).
- Increase heart rate.
- Loose bowel movement.
Coffee and tea have advantages that are good for our health, however, it is important to take them in moderation. Everything in excess will always have a bad effect on our body.